Thai-style fried pineapple rice
- 300 g rice
- 250 g extra-large shrimps, peeled, deveined and cubed
- 200 g pineapple flesh, cubed
- 30 g butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 small green chilli
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 10 g cashew nuts, toasted
- 20 g coconut cream
- 1 tbsp. curry paste
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped; more for garnish
- Sugar and salt to taste
- Cook the rice.
- Heat the butter in the rice cooker on STEAM mode. Add the garlic, onion and chili and fry until soft. Add the curry paste and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add the shrimp, pineapple, red bell pepper and the cooked rice, cashew nuts, coconut cream, and other sauces. Stir until all the coconut cream has been absorbed.
- Add the sugar and salt. Serve hot, garnished with coriander.